Monday, January 29, 2007

Seinfeld Moments for Everyday Living

Airport Security Screener: (Holding 1.6 oz bottle of hand lotion swiped from hotel room): Do you have a plastic bag for this?
Me: No. There's just the one bottle.
Screener: Well, you need to have it in a plastic bag.
Me: But there's only one. Why do I need a plastic bag?
Screener: Every traveller is allowed one plastic bag full of creams, gels and liquids in their carryon. If it doesn't fit in the bag, then we know that you have too much.
Me: But there's only one. I can't possibly have too much if there's only one.
Screener: It still needs a plastic bag so we can see how much you have. Do you have a bag?
Me: But it's only one.

In the end, I marched through the screening thingy with my socks on and my skin slightly dry. But I did feel safer.

On this date: In 1936, the Baseball Hall of Fame elected it's first five members.

No comments: