Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pesky Paparazzi

So Agent E and I went to dinner and were predictably stalked by the paparazzi. One photographer managed to get this photo before I wrestled the camera away from him.



I was nervous, so I blathered a lot, but she's tough and not easily frightened. It was one of those times where my mouth was moving as fast as my brain and that is not always a good thing if you are the one on the other side of the table. Have I mentioned how awesome she is and how lucky I am?

Today, I went to a seminar headed by Agent E. It was great, and I got to meet Mary Hershey, author of this book:



And Robin Lafevers, author of this book(which is launching this week):



They were kind enough to let me horn in on their table and not look like the odd one out. It was like sitting with the big leagues - I want to be just like them someday. I also met Robin, a real-live disco mermaid - but she was very statuesque and definitely had legs. Now I'm going to buckle down, use this inspiration and get some work done.

On this date: In 1989, the Exxon Valdez runs aground in Alaska.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I am SO jealous! Wish I could have kept you company at the table...then we could have been the odd ones out together. :-)

And nice photo--you both have great eyebrows. ;-)

Natalie

Anonymous said...

Cyn, you are so self-deprecating. You didn't babble a bit, and I had a great, great time! Both at dinner and at the workshop.

I must not have done a good job of introducing Heather Tomlinson, but she's a client of mine, too. http://classof2k7.com/authors/heather_tomlinson.php

She's the one who held up her new ARC she'd just gotten the day before, from Holt, for THE SWAN MAIDEN.

It was so fantastic to see you!

Agent E.

Mary Hershey said...

Hi, Cynthia!

We loved meeting you, and getting to sit with YOU! I so want stripey hair now I can't stand it. Thanks for posting our book covers! :->

Can't wait to read your book-- N-word and all!

Hugs,
Mary Hershey