Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bad, Bad Blogger

I've been shirking my blogging duties lately and I apologize. I don't have any good excuse except I'm F-R-E-A-K-I-N-G out about so many things. My revisions on the novel are due on Monday and I'm at the point where I'm not sure if I've gone far enough, if the themes are strong enough, if the character comes away with the right attitude...basically feeling like I want to scrap it and start all over. I think that is stage 4.5 in the revisions process (see post of November 26th if you have no idea what I'm talking about). Luckily I get at least one more go at it sometime in January.

I'm also working on a website and doing that thing that I always do when I try to decide what to be. I just get settled on one type of website - the look, the feel, the tone of the whole thing when I see someone else's website that is TOTALLY different and think, how cool - I should do mine that way. I think that if I make any more changes my web designer is going to reach through my laptop and strangle me into unconsciousness.

Things should be back to holiday-normal next week and if the gods are smiling on me I'll be less frantic. But I doubt it.

On this date: In 1936, Edward VIII abdicates the English throne.

4 comments:

CJ Omololu said...

Thanks Susan! Sometimes I think I'm writing for my mom and my friend Karen. It's so nice to know that people are out there enjoying it. That made my night!

Anonymous said...

Cyn, this is one of those things I never think to say to writers until they truly need it: Just remember, it does not have to be perfect at this stage! You and your editor already know there will be another phrase of revisions. You're just looking for broad strokes of changes to address her major concerns--the rest can be sorted out later! --Agent E.

Disco Mermaids said...

I know this is all intense and frustrating for you, but I find it all fascinating!!! I think the "process" that a book goes through in the editing phase is something we can never hear enough about. More, more!!

Good luck with your Monday deadline. You can do it. You always do!!!

Hugs,
Robin

CJ Omololu said...

Thanks Agent E. Logically I know that, but I am such a fan of perfect ;)

Okay Robin, you asked for it - I'll keep spilling all of the gorey details.