Tuesday, October 27, 2009

So Pretty!

It never occurred to me that I'd get to see the jacket for DLS - I saw the cover and I knew what the flap copy was going to say, but then my editor sent this over yesterday:



Imagine the flaps folded in around the hard cover of the book and you can get a sense of how it's going to look. Honestly, I never imagined that it would be blue, but it's just perfect and the little "splotches" on the spine and on the bar code are oh so cool. I think they did a great job and I can't wait to see it in action!

On this date: In 1954, Disneyland opens.

7 comments:

Julie_c said...

Clap, clap, clap! It's so exciting. I just put DLS on my Amazon Wishlist today and was entered to win a Kindle! Who knew! If I win I might sell it though. I like books. Not little computers. I like that little computers mean less tree dying. And I understand that it can be easier to travel with a little computer than a big book. But I still like turning pages and bookmarks.

Anyhoo - LOVE IT!

Sidenote - Yanno how I'm working on sketches of my potential graphic novel. I had to "re-cast" the lead b/c her character was changing so much and I just realized that the new protag looks kinda like your girl peeping in the window - only less eye make-up. :)

Natalie said...

YAY Cyn! The jacket is gorgeous--can't wait to get my own copy. :-)

Robin Mellom said...

LOVE IT! Very moody.

So exciting!!! :-)

Candace said...

Ooh, the coverflat is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Love it.

DH

Anonymous said...

There are five copies at our library. All are checked out and there a three holds!!! Fantastic! I can't wait to read it!
Love the cover!!!

Kate at Read This Book! said...

NICEEEEEEE! It's gorgeous and I love the spine too!