Monday, November 23, 2009

Fake Book Sightings



What's this? A hardcover copy of Dirty Little Secrets? Well...sort of. It's a copy of Brooke Taylor's Undone with a brand new actual-size jacket of DLS folded on top of it. Looks good though, doesn't it? Maybe I have too much time on my hands...

New Book Word Count: 5539
Line of the Day: The only thing even a little bit English about him was the faint trace of an accent that drifted in and out as he spoke.

The book is going along pretty well, although I've lost about a day because I have to go back over the previous 20 pages and make some changes. One of my crit partners brought up some character questions about my main character (thanks Nat) and I've incorporated some additional characteristics that will change a lot of the beginning. It's funny how these things reveal themselves to you as you go. I was thinking that it was her sister who was really into structure and disliked spontaneity, but it turns out it was my main character after all. This actually happens a lot and is part of the process of getting to know the characters, but it often involves a substantial amount of revising as you go. I know a lot of people would just leave it be, keep on truckin' and then go back and change it later, but I can't work that way. The before has to be right before I can go on. I guess that's my own character issue ;)

On this date: In 1936, the first issue of Life magazine was published.

3 comments:

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

cover looks fantastic

Natalie said...

Can't wait to see the next installment, Cyn! Keep on truckin'...

Julie_c said...

As long as it works for you - that's all that matters.